- Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology
Washington School of Professional Psychology at Argosy Univ, Seattle
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton FL
Graduated Summa Cum Laude, 2002
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
University of Florida, Gainesville FL
Graduated With Honors, 1987
Responsible for all aspects of website design business including mock-up creation, coding (HTML, PHP, MySQL), application development and customization, search engine optimization, and website maintenance. Also responsible for customer support including helping clients with domain registration and choosing an appropriate hosting plan.
Responsible for overall quality strategy for portable communication device division which included mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and software development activities. Managed total departmental staff of 45 individuals and budget of several million dollars.
Major accomplishments included:
- Successfully expanded quality organization to keep pace with increasing organizational size and product portfolio to insure that quality goals were set, tracked throughout product development, and achieved at ship acceptance. Leveraged strong interpersonal skills and reputation for excellence to recruit and retain exceptional talent into quality organization.
- Used extensive product development knowledge, natural affinity for processes and principles, and excellent negotiating skills to insure that quality organization was viewed as value-added and efficient part of the ship acceptance process.
- Invented multi-discipline new product quality metrics which use historical data to give a snapshot view of current performance and ability to achieve quality goals by ship acceptance date. Institutionalized monthly quality reviews with senior management to review metrics and program status. Promoted development of analytical tools and metrics to predict trends which enabled engineering to measure effectiveness of corrective actions as well as serve as an early indicator of new issues.
- Revitalized product safety program to ensure products meet required thermal, audio and other relevant safety standards.
- Insured compliance and certification to ISO/TL9000 Quality systems standards.
- Played integral role in benchmarking, developing, correlating and implementing an accelerated life test process which resulted in 4X cycletime reduction.
- Oversaw customer satisfaction surveying of products and services. Metrics were reviewed regularly with senior management, marketing and engineering, and corrective actions developed to form closed loop process.
Managed several teams of mechanical engineers from initial concept to ship acceptance. Invented and implemented tracking tools and metrics to guarantee that all product development costs, product costs, and performance goals were met by ship deadline. Worked as part of cross-functional team which required constant interface and coordination between other groups including domestic/international marketing, electrical engineering, manufacturing engineering, software development, program management, quality, product testing groups, material coordinators, purchasing, field engineering, and outside contractors/vendors. Used strong interpersonal and organizational skills to coordinate alignment, project timeline tracking, and insure that all changes/corrective actions were implemented smoothly and did not adversely impact other disciplines.
Responsible for design, computer modeling, finite element analysis, tolerance analysis, test plan creation, test apparatus creation, test execution, detailed drawings, prototypes, product tooling, pre-production build support, and full scale production support.
- Holder of 8 United States Patents.
- Motorola® Reliability Engineering Award of Excellence (2000).
- Recognition of Exceptional Contribution to iDEN® (1999).
- Motorola ® Worldwide Employee Recognition Award (1999).
- Motorola® Outstanding Innovation Award (1995).
- Motorola® Distinguished Innovation Award (1990).
| ©2006 - ©
Aldebaran Web Design Seattle, A DBA of Aldebaran Services LLC